The perfect quick summer activity to help soothe your dry skin!
essential oils or fragrance oils ( I used lemon, pear, and love spell)
1 tsp vitamin E oil
1 cup of coconut oil
1 cup shea butter
1 cup beeswax pastilles
Glass bowl (large enough to hold more than three cups to leave room to stir.)
Pan (big enough to fill with water and place in a glass bowl to make a double boiler.)
One cup measuring cup
Silicone mold (You can use other molds I find these flexible ones are easier to pop things out of.)
Small glass bowls (only if you want to make multiple colors and scents.)
- Begin by measuring out your coconut oil, shea butter, and beeswax into a glass bowl.
- Fill your pan with water and place it in the glass bowl.
- Place on the stove and turn to med. Stir until all are melted together. It will take a long time for the beeswax to melt. Just be patient! I thought that I had done something wrong because it took so long!
- Once melted, carefully pull the bowl out of the pan and place it on the counter. I underestimated how fast it would cool and had to remelt as I went.
- Stir in your vitamin E oil and fragrance/essential oils and colorants
I attempted to use liquid soap colorants, and they did not mix in! So I used the powdered mica colors, and it was perfect! I would highly highly recommend not using blue, though! The other colors were soft and pretty, but the blue left a tint to the skin! I will put a photo below.
- Pour your mixture into the molds and wait to harden before removing. I popped mine into the fridge, and they were ready in 20 minutes!
-Stay Fabulous, Lauren
These have a lot of coconut oil in them, so I would recommend keeping them in the fridge in the summer months. I love the feeling of cold lotion when it’s hot, so it’s perfect for me! Don’t be nervous about reheating. I used small bowls because I wanted to do so many colors and scents. If you wish to do that as well, then pour your vitamin E oil into the whole batch and color and scent it as you go.
Best of luck and enjoy! Be sure to tag us in any of your creations!!